London's School Album

A couple of weeks ago, my little girl went to her very first day of pre school. It was a pretty big day for all of us, and one that I will never forget.

I knew that I wanted to document the story of that day, so I made sure to take a lot of pictures of all the sweet little details. London was so excited to go to school, and it was just so fun to see 

"Banning Lane | School Album"


For London's school album I decided to use an 8.5x11 We R Memory Keepers album. I also knew I wanted to use pocket pages. They just seemed like natural choices for an album like this

I picked out a favorite photo of London, and enlarged it to use on the left side of my layout. For the right side I took all those little detail shots and slid them into a 9 pocket page protector. 

Most of the products I used came from my Ali Edwards Story kits, and my Felicity Jane kits. I love how the softer colors came together to make a really pretty and girly layout. 


"Banning Lane | School Album"

I have seen a lot of people do a back to school "interview" and I really like the idea of that. It will be fun to see how London's answers change from year to year. Plus I thought it would be a great way to fill up the reverse side on the nine pocket page protector. 

I typed up eight questions to ask London. I then cut them into strips and taped them on to plain white card cards. I decided to put a picture in the center pocket, and I really like how the whole page looks.

For the right hand side I wrote down a bunch of things I want to remember from that day on a piece of 5x11 paper. I got the idea for the design of the layout from Ali Edwards. She did a very similar layout for one of her Story Kits themes and I absolutely love the way it turned out. 

Banning Lane | School Album

The last thing I added to the album is a picture that London painted on her first day of school. I will also be adding a picture of London and her teacher. I just have not taken one yet. 

My plan is to just collect things as London brings them home from school. I don't know if I will add things as I get them, or just update this album at the end of the year. My hope is that I can fit all of her school years into one album, so I know I will have to be a little picky about what actually makes it into the album. We will see how that plan works!

I do a quick album share in the video below, and on my YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment