DECEMBER DAILY® ALBUM SHARES

For the past three years I have participated in Ali Edwards December Daily® project (You can find more about that project here).  Everybody has their own approach when it comes to documenting their December memories. How I tackle this project is I only worry about taking photo's and writing down daily stories through the month. I then wait for the Christmas dust to settle before I actually start putting my album together. I find that I get overwhelmed if I try to take my photo's and scrapbook them all while trying to enjoy the moments we are creating during such a special time of the year. Waiting until January to do the scrapbook portion of this project just lets me enjoy the whole process more.

When I sat down to work on my 2016 album, I discovered I still had a few days to complete in my 2015 album. I also discovered that I pretty much hated my 2015 album so much that I decided to re-do most of the pages. It was a bit of work, but I am so happy that I made that choice. I love my album so much more now!

You can take a look at my 2015 album in my video walk thru below, or on my YouTube channel here



When working on my album, I will usually work on one day at a time and complete that page before moving on to another day. I took a different approach when working on my 2016 album. I did all the "scrapbooking" part of my album first, and then went though a did all my journaling. I also made sure that I completed the entire album, and didn't leave any little details unfinished for me to work on later. So super happy about that.

I also have a video walk thru for this album as well which you can watch below or on my YouTube channel here

It feels pretty darn good to have these albums "completely" done. As I was working through each day, I thought a lot about my approach to this project. I am think that next year I might want to switch things up a bit. I'm not quite sure exactly how just yet, but something to definitely think about.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment