Currently

Every few months I like to document London's life as it is right now. One of my favorite ways to do that is to do a current favorites layout. These layouts for me are almost always in a list form, which make them really fast, and easy, and fun. It has been awhile since I have done a layout like this, so when I saw Jen Schow challenge us to do a currents layout, I was on board. This is what I came up with


Most of the products I used on this layout came from my Felicity Jane box. (I only keep my most current kit separate. When a new kit arrives, the old one gets put in an Iris container with all the others.) 


I knew I wanted to use those fantastic teal green vellum letters. I moved them around the page quite a bit before I rested them below my photo.  By doing this, it created a nice little home for my journaling right next to my photo.


I used some tiny alphabet stamps that came in the kit to spell out each jumping off point (just like Jen did). It took a little bit of time, but I love the way it looks. 




After I got my photo and journaling on the page, I moved on to embellishing it. I pulled out a handful of hearts from my kits. Some of them were paper, and some were wood veneer. I like the variety of those two different textures. I decided that I would do two different clusters on my layout. One at the top and one at the bottom. 

For even more variety I pulled out some pink buttons, and an xoxo flair. I really like the pops of pink on this layout. To add just a little touch of girly, I also pulled a doily from my stash to layer behind the cluster by my photo. I like the way it grounds that area of my layout.



I added some cute little numbers that came on one of the cut apart sheets. six numbers for six currents. To bring some more color to the bottom of my page I layered a green label behind those numbers



To finish this layout, I added some stitching to my title and also to the group of numbers with my sewing machine. I also chose to take my pen and draw several messy lines around my layout. After that, I called this complete. 

I am heading over now to link my layout to Jen's blog. Her layout turned out amazing, as always, so head on over there to check out her take on this theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment